Obtaining music information
When you import songs from an audio CD, you can obtain music information (meta information such as names of albums, artists, and songs) automatically via the Internet using the CDDB (Gracenote CD DataBase), a data service for song information. The obtained music information is displayed on audio devices such as the WALKMAN® after songs have been transferred.
- If you perform 12 TONE ANALYSIS for songs, you can utilize the “SensMe™ Channels” function of audio devices such as the Walkman.
To perform 12 TONE ANALYSIS, click  for a song or an album, and select [12 TONE ANALYSIS ].
- To use the CDDB service, your computer must be connected to the Internet.
- You can use the CDDB service for free. However, you may need to sign up for Gracenote when you use this service for the first time. Follow the instructions on the screen.
When you cannot obtain music information
- Information may be blocked by anti-virus software. Deactivate the settings of the software if required.
- You cannot obtain music information for CDs that are not registered to the CDDB. In this case, change the items (such as the title) manually.
- If retrieval of music information does not start automatically, click  and then click [Acquire CD information].