- Supported formats
ATRAC (.oma/.aa3) / ATRAC Advanced Lossless (.oma/.aa3) / WAV (.wav) / MP3 (.mp3) / AAC (.3gp/.mp4/.m4a) / HE-AAC (.3gp/.mp4/.m4a) / WMA (.wma) / DSD (.dsf/.dff) / FLAC (.flac) / MQA (.mqa.flac) / APE (.ape) / ALAC (.mp4/.m4a) / AIFF (.aiff/.aif)
- The WMA Lossless and WMA Pro formats are not supported.
- Playback of High-Resolution Audio sources
- The sound quality of music in the MQA format is equal to the FLAC format when played back on the computer.
- Playback of music CDs
- Equalizer function
- Home network functions
- You can transfer music from “Music Center for PC”. You can also use “Music Center for PC” as a server.
- USB-DAC output
- ASIO / Exclusive WASAPI
- Playback of videos and photos
- Not available
- Podcast function
- Transferring music to the WALKMAN®
- The transferable music file formats differ depending on the destination Walkman.
- Transferring music with codec conversion
- You can transfer music files by converting them into the AAC format.
- Importing music CDs
- You can choose the file format for music imported from CDs. Select from the following formats.
FLAC (.flac) / WAV (.wav) / MP3 (.mp3) / AAC (.mp4)
- Obtaining music information and cover art automatically
- Via the Internet
- Editing music information/registering and changing cover art
- Available with manual editing
- Editing playlists
Available in the M3U format (.m3u/.m3u8)
- You may not be able to import playlists created on other manufacturers’ products.
- You cannot use a CUE sheet.
- Dividing and combining music files
- Available (.mp3/.oma)
- Converting the formats of music files
- Available (.wav)
- Update notifications for the application
- Updating the software of the Walkman
- When you import music content to “Music Center for PC”, some of the metadata may be lost.